Thursday, October 11, 2012

Today {Yesterday} is a Gift

Yesterday morning my daughter woke up at about 8:30.  (Yes, I'm one of those lucky parents who other parents often dislike immensely because my children {usually/sometimes/may} sleep til 8-9 AM.)  In my own defense, when my children are awake, they are typically running me in circles, they have high energy levels, but when they crash they are out cold.  But I digress.  She pads down the stairs in her footie jammies and comes into the kitchen where I’m answering email, sipping my coffee and preparing for the day.  She announces loudly that she needs to use the bathroom and so I shoo her into the powder room to do her business. 

And the following is a continuous stream of one sided conversation, which is pretty standard for my daughter, who has her mother's gift of the gab.  J- “Mommy, I need to go pee.  Will you help me with my jammies when I’m done, can we watch that show we watched yesterday, will you get me a drink, I really liked that show yesterday, what was it called, WAIT!  (She comes out into the kitchen with jammies dragging behind)  Mommy, there’s no toilet paper, will you start the roll, will you put it on the hanger, will you help me with my jammies.”  The endless stream of conversation stops short when she reaches the kitchen table.  “What’s that Mommy?  This is BEAU-TI-FUL!”  She points at a blue enamel flower pin I sold that morning.  “Is it a present?”  She then points at the wrapping paper on the table.  “It’s for a customer,” I reply.  J- “Oh, that’s so beautiful, I really like that.”  And off she went, immediately back to babbling about the toilet paper and the toilet paper hanger and the t.v. show and preschool and breakfast.  Today is a gift (or should I say yesterday), both in the literal and figurative senses.  Yesterday's gift was a good belly laugh at my daughter and her endless exuberance.

Other more literal gifts are coming, as the holiday season will soon be upon us.  To me, vintage is a perfect, one of a kind gift that can bring back memories, or can replace something long since lost or can remind the recipient of an inside joke.
On a less sentimental note, I gift wrap!  Yup, I'll be happy to gift wrap a purchase in any of my shops, just send me a message and we'll work out the details- I have a fairly large stock of vintage wrapping paper for all occasions.  It's sure to make any vintage lovers day!





No comments:

Post a Comment