Monday, October 1, 2012

Blog Neglect

It has been a busy few days and so my blog is sadly bare.  I blame it on my mommy gig, it's had me tied up for days (actually everyday), but then when you throw the occasional work-out-of-the-home day for Mom, it really spices things up.  This past week, I was out of the house not one, but two whole days for my side line job as an auction clerk.

I cannot express with words what a perfect fit clerking is for me.  It is a near second/third, rivaled only by motherhood and my online shops.  The rhythm of the auctioneer's call, the adrenaline rush of the bidding and the excitement of the unknown surprises.  Perfect fit.  It is just the right pace for me.

But when I come home, I'm never quite sure what I'll find.  Upon my return Wednesday night, I found my daughter had already gone to bed but my wild little son was bouncing about the room like a pinball.  He happily cried, "Daddy!" and ran to me with arms open wide.  Yes, he calls me Daddy.  And any mommy reading this surely understands my level of disappointment (like watching your ice cream slide right off the cone).  But he is in the midst of some serious Daddy Hero Worship so I tolerated the greeting.  Then after a hug he was on his way.  Fortunately he crashed in his crib just a few minutes later.  Apparently he was running on E. 

When I returned from work yesterday, both my children didn't seem to notice I was even there.  They acknowledged me and went right back to the fun times they were having.  I suppose I should be grateful, as these are the signs of emotionally well adjusted children.  Right?  But I realized this weekend that both my kids are growing more self sufficient everyday.  And there are fewer and less frequent traumas and tantrums when I leave home without them.  It is sort of a relief and sort of a sadness.

I'm leaving with a sneak peek of things I love that are coming to the shop shortly.  But before I share, have you stopped by my new shops beautiesrecycled and vintagekidlets to say hello?  Please do, I'm lonely over there. 








Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment